It has been a pretty scary and unpredictable year so far! I don't know anyone would've ever guessed a pandemic would've happened and lives would be changed as drastically as they have!
Charleston, SC has so many beautiful locations like Folly Beach, Downtown Charleston, the Pineapple Fountain. . . Having a family session right now seems absolutely insane but you'll look back in 20 years and go "Wow. I can't believe what a year that was!" I love capturing the beauty of families and freezing those memories into that photograph forever. Whether you choose an outdoor location or in studio, I know I can give you the beautiful portraits you're looking for!
I know what some families are thinking. . . How can I be safe? How is my family safe? I shouldn't go out - I need to stay home! Let me tell you, though, we've thought of it all to keep you and your family safe while capturing these fleeting moments!
1) The artist is OVER six feet away! I use a long lens! Yes, I may ask you to move a little to the left or a little to the right to get the perfect lighting but I can capture the beauty in your family without having to get too close!
2) You and your family are going to have a PRIVATE session! What does that mean? It's just you, your family, and I in the studio. No one else. No one is there to interrupt us or coming into contact with you. The less people, the less chance of getting sick!
3) We are constantly cleaning the studio. We're in full stock of Lysol and Clorox. Between session we wipe everything down and spray Lysol to kill any germs in the air. Any props that may of been used get washed and wiped down. We do not just recycle clothes, props, or anything else without being properly sanitized first. We wash door knobs, tables, switches, etc. to make sure all surfaces are clean! Your health is my priority while in my studio. I don't take that lightly.
4) I make sure I am constantly cleaning the studio but I am also constantly making sure I'm cleaning my hands as well. My studio manager and I are taking measures to keep hand contact at a minimum and keep our studio stocked with hand soap for washing our hands after each client, eating, etc. We also have the CDC recommended alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. We do also have masks to make our clients feel safe and wear them if asked to!
5) I check in. I make sure you haven't been feeling ill before your appointment and make sure my employee is in good health as well. If someone isn't feeling well we reschedule. We don't want to ever bring someone into the studio that isn't feeling their greatest! We are vigilant about the up-to-date news from the CDC and looking for all the possible symptoms when it comes to the health of myself, my employee, and my clients.
It's very uncertain times but I am certain that I can give you beautiful portraits! We know that creating memories is THE MOST important thing in this world and I love to help families do JUST THAT! We can't lose sight of family and capturing that; even in times like these!