FUR ONLY-No humans allowed! Don't miss this event!
Oct 29, 2019 | By: Maria Sampaio
Dogs are a huge part of life here in Charleston, SC. People love their animals so much here that it's hard to go anywhere without greeting many well-loved furry friends.
Our pups join us practically everywhere!
Of course you see dogs enjoying Charleston's many beautiful beaches (Isle of Palms, Kiawah, Sullivan's Island, and Folly Beach) and taking walks around every neighborhood and the amazing area parks. But we love to bring our dogs with us to all sorts of less traditional places, too! It's not uncommon to see pups on patios at dog-friendly restaurants like Poogan's Porch or Brown Dog Deli. (In fact, BringFido.com lists 151 pet-friendly restaurants in Charleston! Sports enthusiasts are encouraged to bring their pooches along for a Charleston Riverdogs game once a season. And when it's time to enjoy Charleston's many waterways, dogs often come along on their boats or keep watch atop a Stand Up Paddleboard as they enjoy the scenery.
My point is, dogs are more than pets to so so many of us--they a constant, steady part of our lives. They are loyal, loving members of the family who make us laugh with their silly antics, are there to offer comfort when we need it, and never complain. They have so much personality. And, of course, they're cute and cuddly, too.
I know I think of my sweet Great Dane Gunner as a big baby with big, clumsy paws, and a goofy grin on his face. He's always making mischief and making me laugh when I need it the most. How does he know?
The following list was inspired by Gunner. Obviously, I am completely enamored with the big guy. And because I'm such a dog person, I love taking pet portraits that help others capture their animals' personality, beauty, and spirit, too.
8 Reasons We LOVE Dogs at Castelo Portrait Arts
1. They never say no. Dogs are happy, no ecstatic!, to play, chill out in front of the TV, or lay at your feet when you work. They never complain about how you spend your time and love keeping you company no matter what you choose to do.
2. They've got endless energy. This might not be true for older dogs, but while they are in their prime, our dogs are always up for a short walk around the neighborhood or a romp in the backyard. When I ask my Gunner to go for a jog, he never says, "I’m too tired" or "I’m just not up to it today." In fact, he gets super excited ,making it difficult to get the leash on. Now that’s enthusiasm!
3. Dogs are not picky eaters. Unlike children, my dog doesn’t expect me to cook extravagant meals. He gets the same thing twice a day and he still loves me!
4. They are great listeners. (And they never talk back either!)
5. Dogs NEVER tells your secrets. I can share all of the deepest darkest secrets when I need to. Gunner looks at me when I talk and clearly understand my emotions because he stays at my side. He's the best therapist!
6. They want to protect us. So, my dog is 130 pounds, and I feel pretty safe and protected by him I can go anywhere and people look at me with fear and respect (unless they are also a Dane owner then they run straight at him arms wide open arms!) I know plenty of small dog owners who say their dogs have this instinct to guard their homes and their people, too!
7. Dogs can be consistently silly day and night. Gunner has made me laugh so hard that drinks have come out of my nose. (Sorry the visual is not pretty, but the picture was necessary to
8. They make amazing portraits. Really. They deserve the spotlight every now and then. And as the person who loves and cares for your fur baby endlessly, you deserve to have some stunning imagery of your pet so you'll always remember what makes them so special.
That's why I am so excited about our upcoming pet portrait event FUR ONLY... no humans allowed! For one week only, I'm opening my studio to make stunning artwork of the most pampered pooches in Charleston, SC. If you love your dog as much as I love mine, you'll want to call me right away to reserve your spot!
I'm looking forward to meeting you and your furry friend!
Think we can't get a perfect portrait of your fur family? Watch this 30 second video - we build our images and they look incredible in the end. Every dog is well behaved at our Charleston, SC studio... Castelo Portrait Art LOVES fur babies - just like you! Making them look perfect is what we thrive for!